Thursday, June 02, 2005

I am a bit of a health guy and would like to be more of one so when Zeno Ricci, President of Targus Canada and Latin America (not sure how those 2 come together) challenged me to wear a pedometer from June 1 to Aug 31 to see if I could do more steps than he could, I accepted the challenge. The loser has agreed to donate $1 per step difference to Breast Cancer Research. This could amount to a fair amount since the steps could easily vary by 2000-3000 steps per day times 90 days or $180,000-$270,000.

To up the ante, the other leaders of the other distributors are also taking the challenge.

It is not the donation that motivates me as much as my competitive nature. Something in me does not allow me to let anyone beat me.

This is a great creative challenge. I love Targus (except the margins). www.targus.com. They make notebook carrying cases and accessories. Not a very sexy or high tech business. You would think someone would come in and blow them out of the market but no one has. Targus manages to keep the lead with top quality products at aggressive prices. They treat their customers well.

Now all I have to do is come up with a desk I can push around while I type so I can get my steps up.

3 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Sue Richards said...

Congratulations Blogger Jim.

Will you be offering monthly "Step In's" so we can keep track of how much you're winning by?

And I have some dandy pom poms if you need a cheerleader.

Breast Health to you and yours.

Sue
Breast of Canada
(aka Calendar Girl)

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Jim Estill said...

I will have to check the rules with Zeno to see if we share our steps. I will say, it is an eye opener to think in terms of steps. I find just thinking about it makes me step more.

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard of a business guy who wanted to increase his steps, so he just tied his laptop up to to a treadmill and walked all day. There's a way to increase your steps!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home