Monday, June 13, 2005

What gets tracked gets focus

I notice with this challenge I have with Zeno on the number of steps each day that I tend to focus on it more and therefore do more than I otherwise would have. I have been keeping a log of my steps each day.

I use tracking to add emphasis to my goals. I keep an old fashioned paper daybook where I write in my workouts. Knowing I am recording them and “marking” them at the end of the month gets me out to the gym. I know people who eat healthier because they do a similar tracking.

This same principal can be used for any goal. Create a log. Track time spent or better yet, track results.

Remember, any goal that you are not prepared to spend 1 hour per week on should be taken off your current goal list. How are you going to know this if you do not track them?

As with anything, you need to make sure you are tracking the right things and that what you are tracking is directly relevant to your success goals.

Anything you focus on will improve. Even when I do not quite hit my targets, I tend to do better than having no targets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home