Friday, July 08, 2005

Managing a Full Life

Friday night of a hectic week. I have been spending too much time working and missed my workout too often this week. Also missed some reading time. Will also be a fairly full weekend with a deal I am working on although I do plan to take a good chunk of time off tomorrow to cycle near Niagara on the Lake. This is partly business – I am getting to know my new business coach.

SYNNEX California uses this coach to help keep executives on track. Very interesting. I am really looking forward to the coaching process. I know I can use help navigating in a larger corporate entity. I have always held myself accountable so am not sure if having a coach will keep me more on track.

What I do think it can do is to give me perspective. Another view. He has already made a few suggestions that I plan to use.

I asked how long per month the process takes. The reason is one of my time rules. I know my life is full now. If I take on another commitment, I need to figure out what I am going to drop. This is one way I manage my commitments

2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You talk alot about work and exercise... do you have a wife and family... they doesnt seem to have a big place in your life?!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Jim Estill said...

I do have a wife and 4 kids (all grown and living around the country). They are all important and I love them all. I do mention them throughout the blog if you read enough. June 11, June 26 to name a couple.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home