Monday, July 25, 2005

Powerful Sleep

Slow day today. Many people are on vacation. What can they be thinking. Busy day tomorrow starting with an aggressive workout with my over strong work out partner – Trevor, CEO of the Elliot. He can lift 20% more than I can. The only consolation is I can out run him. Lots of meetings tomorrow.

I went to my mom and dad's for dinner with my daughter Beth. I walked which is about an hour walk both ways. Need to get my steps in since I did not work out today.

I read an ebook on sleep today called Powerful Sleep by Kacper Postawski. Sleep and I have an uncomfortable equilibrium. I worry that I will miss something if I sleep. In my time management course I say “Sleep is for wimps”. But I don’t really believe it. I do think many people waste a lot of time sleeping but there is a healing that comes from a good 6-7 hour sleep. Even I will admit that.

The gist of the book is that you can sleep less if you get “good deep sleep”

Ideas from the book include:

1 – get lots of sunlight. (I am working on this)

2 – no caffeine

3 –no alcohol

4 – No change in sleep pattern on the weekend.

He also suggests that sleep and temperature are connected and that we sleep on a cycle. The key is to wake up in the right point on the cycle.

Interesting book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home