Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Art of Possibility and reframing

Long day yesterday 6 until 9 and I missed my workout.

I finished a book last night - “The Art of Possibility”. Great title but not as inspiring as I had hoped. It did have one quote that I liked. A great maestro, Herbert von Karajan jumped into a taxi and shouted to the driver “Hurry, hurry”. “Very good sir – where to?” said the driver. “It does not matter”said von Karajan. “I am needed everywhere”.

That’s the way I felt yesterday. Full of people needing my time. In person, on the phone and on email.

Part of how I deal with stress is by reframing. I could say “isn’t it awful to not have enough time.”. Instead I say “isn’t it great that so many people want me”. Much of stress in life is caused by how I think of things.

Lots of preparation for my California trip on Friday night.

Off to the gym now.

3 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Arzakem Aldrin said...

I learned something here. Maybe it was already in me but I just found out. I think I should see life as how you see it - Everybody has no time for themselves if not few. What we need is just an outlook that "everybody needs you". That's a good character. Thanks and loved your site.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

The "Art of Possibility" is a good title.

"The Fornula for Success" is also another possible title.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Faye said...

You know that's such a great way of looking at things. I'm forever saying these days, I'm too busy, I don't have enough time. I'm going to look at it differently now. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home