Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Preparation and Results and longevity

I am back from a long Thanksgiving weekend. Visited the in-laws in Victoria. They are 88 and 89 years old. When I arrived, Charles was embarrassed by the state of his workshop since he had just bought a new bandsaw that day and had not yet properly set it up. That's what I want to be able to say when I am 88. It is awesome to see such vibrant people.

One of my goals centres around longevity. I feel I have so much to accomplish that I need the time.

Of course having no high speed internet drove me crazy.

We also ran a half marathon race (21.1 Km) in the Victoria Marathon. I was 10 minutes slower than my slowest time at 1:58:14. Still placed in the top half. Elizabeth was 1:30:18 and came in second out of 338 females in her age category. So that just proves what preparation and focus(on Elizabeth's part)can do. I am sore - Elizabeth is not. There must be a lesson there somewhere. I always want to be in good enough shape to run a half marathon but clearly I need to add a bit to my training if I am to place well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home