Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Business Networking

Today I spoke at the Communitech lunch to about 100 people. The talk was on “10 ways to grow a business” and was loosely based on my blog article of Dec 10. Most of the interesting discussion though came from the questions. During the question period, I covered some of my Guerilla growth tactics. As a speaker gift, they gave me one of my favourite books - a blank one.

Then tonight I had my YPO meeting. This is my personal board of directors. They are a group of other business leaders that I meet with monthly.

So today was a networking day. Networking can be a great way to solve problems more quickly. It can be a great way to confirm decisions.

So my time tip for today (and it can save time) is “nurture a network”.

True wisdom is learning from others’s success and avoiding their failures.

3 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad,
Networking can also get you some nice new coats now and then. I like your idea though, and find that talking to people using their names makes things go smoothly. It also lets you keep your friends close and enemies closer.
-Dave

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim

Great to hear you speak to the issues of growth within profit.

Here at the Canadian Innovation Centre we recommend this strategy to many clients. Unless you are already in relationship with the "BIG" money, before you start the new business, then a growth strategy embedded in profit is very important to success.

Bill Reimer
President
Canadian Innovation Centre

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim,
Enjoyed listening to you at Communitech. Many of your "Estill-isms" hit home for me. I have been with Metafore for 15 years (in fact I think your brother was our EMJ rep for some time) so yes I do occassionally find myself reminiscing for the good old days. Thank you for the reminder to embrace change and "do the hustle".
Wendy Dunbar
Metafore IT Solutions

 

Post a Comment

<< Home