Friday, February 24, 2006

No Sleep Pill and RIM/NTP

As a director of RIM, I was pleased to see that no injunction was granted in the patent lawsuits. All of the NTP patents were rejected as well. In a sense it is unfortunate that the legal battles take the spotlight off the great things RIM does. They have developed one to the great and new technologies of our time and truly changed the way people work and live.

Some day, this will make a good book.

Speaking of new technologies, there is a new pill that will allow someone to sleep deeper and better and get a full nights sleep in only 2 hours. Interesting time management tool?

I have often said "Sleep is for wimps" and have often used will power to limit sleep to reasonable amounts. Some have said "You can sleep when you die".

As with many new technologies, I am conflicted. In this case I want the result but worry about the long term effects. The conflict of efficiency vs health guy rages and in the end the health guy will win so no pill for me.

Good leaders think long term.



Technorati tags -

2 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... interesting.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger nimsy said...

Actually, I read an ebook recently which claims that using their methodology, you can sleep less and have more energy by just changing a few habits. Sound very plausible and interesting but I haven't tried it out yet.
But I would rather try that then take pills! Who knows what the long term effects would be and what the side effects are!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home