Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Psychology of Winning

Today I had a long YPO event. Took me out of my comfort zone which is good. I often do things that are a bit beyond my comfort zone. It helps me to grow.

I read a very fast book recently called, "The Psychology of Winning" by Dr. Denis Waitley. This book is almost too shallow in that most of it is about thinking positively and having positive thoughts. On the other hand, sometimes the simplest of ideas are the deepest and have the greatest impact.

One thing I always try to do it to plan appropriate responses to challenges. Reframing can be very powerful. Reframe what happens into a positive. My assistant recently did this for me. I was telling her about an aquaintance who just died of cancer. Her response was "it makes us realize how lucky we are".

Because the book is such a fast read, I can't suggest anyone not reading it.
I won't give away the punch line; however, it never hurts to think positive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home