Sunday, August 20, 2006

Inspiration and Wilderness


I was up north alone this weekend. Nothing is more calming and tranquil than canoeing a lake in the early morning hours. There is great power in having a time of reflection in such a beautiful place. It is one way I get inspired. I am well served to remember what gives me inspiration and energy.

Although I work out quite a bit and like to think I am in shape, carrying a canoe for 1/2 a kilometer over rough terrain was still tough. The moral is that our bodies adapt to what we do all the time and atrophy in the areas we do not use. I need to make sure I am more fully rounded. It think this applies not only to exercise but to life in general.

And on the way back to civilization, I stopped by the cottage of friends. Friends also give me inspiration and energy.

2 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful view in the picture,full of calming .

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger serenity said...

I can feel the calm and "serenity" of the surroundings. And balance seems to be the theme I'm encountering today. Balance in everything; balance is everything.

Awesome photo. Wonderful post. The efficiency of the words and yet the powerful message. Thank you for the reminder!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home