Friday, August 25, 2006

Today is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life

I saw a beautiful sunrise this morning. I was staying with my brother Glen in Lionshead. His home overlooks Georgian Bay. I love the environment here but not all the driving to get to it. It really destresses me after a period of intense negotiation and high volume.

A time quote for the day:

Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow.

~Denis Waitely

I love the message here. Like one of my other favourite saying "Today is the first day of the rest of your life". It erases all the past wrongs or any guilt about what has happened. It remends me that I can be who I want to be each day and from now on.

5 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,jim
there's a statement I have heared,which goes like "today is the last day of your life".
It may want to remind us of working hard today and being happier and braver today.

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a nice positive thought. Reminds us that we have to persevere.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger serenity said...

Wonderful quote, important reminder. Making the most of every minute, and thinking about how many of them we waste every day.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go now. Grab this day. Do something creative with it. God be with you if you do! God be with you if you don't!

Love Mom

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sort of like live each day as if it is your last.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home