Friday, January 26, 2007

Part Time and Summer Students

We have had good response to our press about our new warehouse facility in Guelph. We still need to hire 50 part time people to help in that warehouse starting in June/July. We also still need summer students. So I thought I would put up a shameless plug to get people to submit resumes to tgroulx@synnex.com.

I am in California. On the flght out, I read a couple of books. One was a very short basic review of good personal growth principals called "Monday Morning Leadership - 8 mentoring sessions you can't afford to miss" by David Cottrel. It is written in story lesson form about a manager who is trying to excell. He seeks the mentorship of a successful business person. The book covers these basic lessons. My personal favourite is "live in the learning zone" - always keep learning. It is filled with quotable quotes like "If you want to make better use of your time, you need to be looking for the small increments of time...a minute here, five minute there etc."

So thats my time tip today.

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all the books you read, I assume you're using some form of speed reading technique. Are there any methods you care to share or perhaps a good how-to book on the subject?

I get so many documents crossing my desk (usually pointless) that I'd love to have the ability to go through quickly, but have thus far been unsuccessful in teaching myself to speed read.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Jim Estill said...

Evelyne Wood is a classic on speed reading. I have taken 4-5 speed reading courses (I am a slow learner). I have also read most books in the library on the subject. Easy way to start is to go to the library and read those.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home