Monday, January 29, 2007

Relevant Press and Overspray

Busy day and busy week this week. I am going to ramp my delegation and development of people I can rely on so I can have more sanity.

I had an article published on ConnectIT today - "10 strategies to get more done". ConnectIT is a great widely read industry publication. Julie W, our star trainer also made the news but the author forgot to mention she worked at SYNNEX and I am not sure the audience is the computer reseller crowd.

There is a theory on marketing and press called overspray. You target an audience but many of the readers might not be appropriate - this is the overspray. Overspray is one thing marketers struggle with. Figuring out how much it is. Figuring out how much to pay for the customers in the target demographic etc.

2 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently started to listen to audio books while working out at the gym - it works well - it was a good refresher to read "10 strategies to get more done" on IT connect - Thx Jim

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to suggest that your #7 strategy, "Do things only once." may not be a particularly effective advice. As a general rule, I find it impractical, similarly to the commonly given advice: "Handle each document only once."

You say: "Respond to the e-mail when you get it". I suggest you DO it only if it takes less than a minute or two. Otherwise, yes, deal with it, in terms of making a decision whether to DELETE it, to DELEGATE it or to DEFER it. By the way, the latter is known as the 4D-s of processing paper mail/email. Opening an email and closing it back again, without one of the 4 D-s, is Not an option, I agree.

Responding to all your email "when you get it", will likely detract you from doing more important tasks. It may also prevent one from actually stopping to think about the appropriate response.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home