Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Top 10 Reasons NOT to Blog

I am in my Ronson office. Missed my workout due to scheduling issues which is never good. I am flying to Vegas today for a meeting at the Digital Photography show then on to California for executive meetings.

One of my time tips was picked up by the Globe and Mail. Good press.

My Top Ten Reasons Not to Blog:

1 - Legal: most lawyers will advise that it is not a good idea.

2 - Time: of course I am a real time guy which is why I have my blogging time down to about 20 minutes per post. But there is still replying to comments and emails etc on top of that.

3 - ROI: the return on investment on a blog is very hard to measure

4 - Privacy: it makes you more public and being more public can make life more difficult

5 - Anonymous commenters can flame you

6 - Does the world really need more information?

7 - There is an obligation or pressure to keep posting

8 - It can tax the creativity to keep coming up with things to post

9 - As with any technology, things do not always work perfectly which can be frustrating

10 - It can waste other people's time. Is the information I offer of high enough value to warrant their time?

3 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally,

I believe that your ability to consistently blog and stay in touch with the masses, saves you time, puts the human touch on your perspective and is generally and more than likely a good thing.

The positives definitely outweight the negatives( if there really are any.)

Keep up the great posts.

 
At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely it is about choices? You choose to Blog, others exercise their right to choose whether to read it or not. Simple.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Hetty H said...

It is always about choices and I think for most people it would take them out of their comfort zone to Blog.
It is amazing that you have time for it and perhaps a challenge to use that option.
Great to read some of you insite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home