Wednesday, August 08, 2007

What we give

I have not been blogging much lately. I find it interesting that my readership has not dropped off much despite of that. Thinking less blogging coincides with many people taking vacations so the 2 go hand in hand.

I attended a fund raiser for the Guelph General hospital last week at the home of Frank and Margaret Hasenfratz from Linamar. Frank gave a short speech and used the following quotation, "We make a living by what we get; we make life by what we give" (Sir Winston Churchill 1874 – 1965).

A good quotation and good words to live by.

5 Comments:

At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jim,

I do like the quotations by celebrity figures that you use in your blogs.

In reality, though, life and its man-engineered myriad upheavals forces one to disblieve in those eternal quotes.

I understand that living and working in Canada can be much more fulfilling than, say, in India, where i live and work.

Please send me your blogs as newsletters, if you can.

I am working for chiefexecutive.net as Chief Online Editor, based at its offshore office in Hyderabad, India.

My email ID is: fadams@chiefexecutive.net

best wishes and regards
Francis Adams

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Quote. Words to live by.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words, indeed. The challenge is to turn them into action. My parents taught me to give away time, talent and treasure. I think it's important to give money, but it's also important to give bits of time (the non-renewable resource) and the best of yourself.

 
At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would love to read your thoughts on:

I have read numerous books / blogs on leadership, but this amazing clip had been the most inspirational …

http://slidesandcode.blogspot.com/2007/08/leadership-lessons-by-nature.html

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Jim Estill said...

I assume the video refered to in the link is the famous http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM Facsinating

Clearly - united forces win

 

Post a Comment

<< Home