Thursday, August 28, 2008

Learn More to Save Time

A friend of mine emailed me the following Time Management tip:

"One of the most basic time management enhancers that I think many of your readers could take advantage of is software application training. Software is so feature rich that we miss out on likely 50-75% of the features available to us because what we know serves us well enough. Consider a 20% improvement in your use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook to name a few. Not only will the end products be completed faster but likely improved quality as well."

I attended a 20 minute seminar today at SYNNEX that was put on for our staff called "10 outlook tricks that can save you time". I learned a few things - some of which I have already implemented. And I will save more than the 20 minutes it cost in the next month and every month after that.

I run a busy life and I constantly work to find the right balance between learning and doing.

RANDOM FACT OF THE DAY (courtesy of SimplyHeadlines.com)
------------------------------
Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.

(one of the things I always admire about Da Vinci is his proficiency in so many fields. He also inspires me to reach higher)



2 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger MattPerelstein said...

Hey Jim. good stuff!

would you, or could you, post the 10 Outlook tricks? I, too, juggle as much as I can as fast as I can, and Outlook is an integral part of my life.

thx.
- Matt

MattPerelstein.com

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh... you've definitely hit on one of my pet peeves. I've worked for so many companies that buy powerful software solutions and don't train staff to use it correctly. Before I jumped off the corporate ship, I spent late nights and weekends trying to customize things like Salesforce and Outlook to work better for our teams. And once I created a template or figured out a new shortcut, there was never any turning back!

Great post. Share some of the Outlook tips?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home