Thursday, February 19, 2009

Make Time Management a Game Tip

One of the time management tricks I use is to make a game out of getting my tasks done.

I list all of my tasks and how much time I think it will take to complete them, then as I go through the tasks, I cross them off and keep a log as to where I am relative to the time. It is a game to try to complete them faster than the alloted time.

This system allows me to be realistic about what I can accomplish and in what time period because over time, I have managed to hone my skill and ability to have realistic expectations (although I am still not as realistic as I could be).

I do not advocate this as a primary time management system because this tends to be very task focused and much of your greatest contribution will come by working on your most important priority and many times your most important priorities are not tasks.

And a Quote

Each morning see some task begun, Each evening sees it close; Something attempted, something done.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

2 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Promod said...

This is an interesting approach. I've used it for studying/reading as a form of motivation and tracking.

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great idea! I'm a very competitive person who has time management issues, so this may help me! Another good time management tip: Turn off the Blackberry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home