Sunday, August 09, 2009

Free stuff and Russian Time Routlette

Following along from my post yesterday on Free - the future of Radical Price. I have 2 free e-books you can get:

1 - In a prior post I mentioned that I was impressed by a new book entitled Work The System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less, written by Sam Carpenter It's available on Amazon and in book stores, but with my special arrangement with Sam, until August 15th, you can download the pdf version for free.

To receive the pdf, visit Sam's website workthesystem.com, find the "Special Book Promotion" window, and use the password "estill." This will not be live until tomorrow morning.

2 - And email me at jimestill at gmail dot com and I will send you a free eBook version of my Time Management Book.

And your time tip for the day came from a book by Stephanie Winston's time management classic - Getting Organized:

Russian Time Management Roulette

Write down perhaps 10 to 12 things that need to be done on different slips of paper. Fold the slips so you cannot see which is which.

Mix in some breaks and fun stuff on the task slips. I like to make each task 15-20 minutes.

Then say to yourself whichever slip you draw, you will do it. Then just mix the slips and draw to see which gets done first. This is a fun game that gets things done.

2 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this exercise and will use it.

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Steve said...

This is a great technique. I've been using it for a couple of days now and it works. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home