Monday, February 20, 2012

Superpowers


I thought everyone would like to see my grandson Josh lifting weights in the pool. Why not do 2 things at once? Can't see the writing on it but it looks like about 10 Kg.

He must have superpowers. Speaking of superpowers:

I am a big believer in self knowledge - know yourself for success so I was attracted by the book title Bring Your Superpowers to Work - your Guide to More Clarity, Confidence & Control by Darcy Eikenberg.

As the title suggests, this is a book about discovering your strengths and using them. According to Eikenberg, your superpowers are:

Your gifts (I consider the whole list to be gifts)
Your passions
Your experience (I was lucky in life to have rich experiences early. This created momentum which has served me well in life. A bit like compounding interest)
Your Attitudes (I figure I can control some of this)
Your Abilities (again - I can learn)
Your resources
Your relationships
Your community
Your Learnings
Your failures (I always say "Fail Often, Fail Fast, Fail Cheap")
Your Assets (I consider all these to be assets)
Your special talents
and other special stuff about you.

The book goes on to talk about now only how to discover them but how to harness them. It is full of hints and tricks. Some of the best ones are the obvious ones like "do the work", "click less to connect more", "make the uncomfortable your new comfortable" etc.

I am a big believer in self knowledge. The better I understand myself, the more success I have. So of course I loved the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home